Areas of Practice
Janice Briscoe, Esq.
Janice Briscoe is a partner at the Law Offices of Baldwin & Briscoe, P.C. She has been a partner of the firm since 1988. Her practice focuses on real estate contracts, real estate settlements, property agreements, deed and title examination, and probate/estate administration.
Ms. Briscoe previously worked as an associate for The Law Offices of Briscoe, Kenney, Kaminetz & Lacer.
Ms. Briscoe participates in many extracurricular activities involving the community of St. Mary’s County, Maryland. One of her many contributions to the community is her position as the President of the Board of Trustees for Historic Sotterley Foundation.
- Maryland Bar, 1985
- U.S. District Court, 1985
- University of Baltimore School of Law, Juris Doctor, 1984
- Boston University, Bachelor of Arts in History/Political Science, 1980
Memberships and Affiliations
- Maryland Bar Association (Member of the Real Property Section)
- St. Mary’s County Bar Associations (Former President)
- Walden/Sierra House, Board of Directors, 1980s
- St. Mary’s County Ethics Commission, 1988-1990s
- St. Mary’s County Public Library Board of Trustees, 1990s-2000s
- St. Mary’s County Adult Public Guardianship Review Board, 1994-1998
- Member, Character Committee of the Maryland Court of Appeals for the Fifth Appelate Circuit, Approximately 1996 to Present
- Past member, Trial Courts Judicial Nominating Commission
- PTA/Boosters, Hollywood Elementary School, Esperanza Middle School, and Leonardtown High School
- President, Board of Trustees for Historic Sotterley Foundation, 2009 to Present