Areas of Practice
Samuel C.P. Baldwin, Jr., Esq.
Samuel Baldwin is a senior partner and founder of The Law Offices of Baldwin and Briscoe, P.C. Mr. Baldwin has practiced family law for over twenty years and handles cases across Southern Maryland.
Mr. Baldwin was raised in Baltimore. He grew up in the city and attended St. Paul’s School for Boys before enrolling in the University of Virginia’s class of 1975. He returned home to enroll in the University of Baltimore’s School of Law and graduated in 1984.
With many years of practice to his name, Mr. Baldwin brings a wealth of exceptional legal experience to clients. During law school he held clerkships and internships working for Robert Verderaime, of Verderaime, DuBois, P.A., Jonas R. Rappeport, MD, of the Medical Office of the Circuit Court for Baltimore City, Judge Norman P. Ramsey of the United States District Court for Maryland, and Chief Judge Frank A. Kaufman, also of the U.S. District Court for Maryland. He clerked for Chief Judge Ernest A. Loveless, Jr., Chief Judge at the Prince George’s County Circuit Court and Administrative Judge for the Seventh Circuit of Maryland. As a lawyer he was an associate in the law offices of Oliver R. Guyther and of Pleisse, Baldwin, and Sterling before founding The Law Offices of Baldwin & Briscoe, P.C. in 1988.
- Maryland Court of Appeals
- U.S. District Court of Maryland
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court
- U.S. Supreme Court
Maryland Court of Appeals, 1985
U.S. District Court of Maryland, 1985
- University of Baltimore School of Law, Juris Doctor, 1984
- University of Chicago School of Hospitals and Clinics, Respiratory Therapy Program, 1983
- University of Virginia, Bachelor of Arts in Biology, 1979
Memberships and Affiliations
- Member of the Maryland State Bar Association
- Member and Past President of the St. Mary’s County Bar Association
- Chairman of the St. Mary’s Pro Bono Committee
- Mediator of Custody and Visitation Issues for the Circuit Court of St. Mary’s County
- Member of the Historic St. Mary’s City Commission
- Member of the Rotary Club of Lexington Park
- Member of the St. Mary’s County Chamber of Commerce
- Member of the Patuxent Partnership
- Member of the Small Business Roundtable
- St. Mary’s County Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault Board
- St. Mary’s County Mental Health, Alcoholism, and Drug Abuse Advisory Council
- Chairman of the St. Mary’s County Disabled Persons Review Board
- Chairman of the St. Mary’s County Marcy House Review Board
- Volunteered as a youth soccer coach for approximately 16 seasons
- St. John’s Church Pastoral Advisory Council
- Catechism teacher at St. John’s Church
- Volunteer coach of the St. Mary’s Ryken mock trial team for seven years